Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Socks and Sandals?

Does anyone else have a problem with this ad, or is it just me?



I wish I could enlarge it further but it was a screen shot I took of a sidebar pop-up ad from the ninemsn website. So many questions are swimming around my mind:

  • Why the socks and slides?
  • Do the slides belong to the man in the ad? If so, then why a size too big?
  • Has this man ever been to the beach before? A man who's been to the beach would know how inappropriate such footwear attire would be.
  • More to the point though, who would find a man, that wears socks and slides (and to the beach for that matter) attractive enough to want to procreate with him in the first place to require a family car?
  • And finally, is Volkswagen tightening their advertising spend because clearly from this advert, they've been outsourcing their advertising campaigns to Odesk!

This ad stinks!


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I think they do it to annoy us so we remember the ad and then talk about it...like we are now. Apparently disliking advertising can be as effective as liking it. Do you think it could have something to do with nostalgia making us want to buy stuff..the ad asks us to remember our first car so that takes us back perhaps to a time when dads wore socks and sandals...who knows?? I agree it's a crap ad. xxx Katherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a bit like there's no such thing as bad publicity. Still ... socks and slides? Eeegads!

      Delete
  2. Socks and slides VW must be in strife!! Budgeting on advertising maybe but they shouldn't have to budget on style?? Maybe their marketing guru was on holiday when this was launched :)
    Thank-you for taking the time to visit my new weblog and enter my giveaway, I really appreciate the support
    Carla x
    PS: the Naplan sounds a little too much pressure for kids and parents!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Stop by again soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...