Monday, October 13, 2008

Wisteria


wisteria1
Originally uploaded by littlemissairgap
Wisteria ... this is going to be one of the many things I will miss about the area we live in when we move at the end of the year.

Our wisteria is well known in the street and each year it puts on an amazing display to greet passers-by. I've often seen people slow their walk to take a closer look at the mass of flowers or marvel at the old, gnarled trunk.
I'm hoping wisteria will grow in Queensland as I think it's the perfect plant for shading. I just love the dappled light it creates through a wisteria covered arbour or pergola. There is nothing better than sitting under some wisteria in the late afternoon, sharing some wine & cheese with family & friends. Ahh ... I'm there now.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am sure it would grow in Queensland. I am sure I have seen lovely old Queenslanders draped with the stuff in Paddington. It's glorious stuff, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Stop by again soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...