Saturday, April 23, 2011

They're Believers Still

I was giving the Little Master a cuddle before bedtime tonight & we were chatting about the Easter Bunny's forthcoming visit.  The Little Master wondered whether the Easter Bunny was big ... hopefully not as big as the creepy one below.













Or whether he was small, like the gorgeous little rabbit below.














He really couldn't make up his mind.  But one thing the Little Master was sure about was the fact he was glad one of his really wobbly teeth didn't fall out today because that would mean the Tooth Fairy would also have to visit tonight and he thought that wouldn't be such a good idea.  According to the Little Master, the Tooth Fairy might hear a noise made by the Easter Bunny & think it was him still awake & therefore not take his tooth & replace it with a coin.  That would be a problem in the land of Tooth Fairies, Easter Bunnies & their like I suppose & an even greater problem when you're 7 like the Little Master is and you're really excited still about Tooth Fairies & Easter Bunnies.



















It got me thinking ... I wonder how much longer my children are going to believe in things like the Easter Bunny, Santa, etc?  Big Girl, who is 9, is still a huge believer in everything, particularly fairies.  I know some people see perpetuating the myth of Santa, etc as lying to children but I love how my children can justify the existence of things such as fairies.  Big Girl can find their magic in the simplest things e.g. she found some perfectly intact butterfly wings recently.  To her, they'd been used by fairies.  Such a beautiful imagination that I don't want to crush, but I suppose there will come a time when all will be revealed ... just not yet please.


Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. My eldest is nine. She's a believer in everything. I suspect it's all going to be shattered by some 'street wise' so-and-so in the school yard, some time this year.

    That makes me sad.

    What makes me nervous is the soon-to-follow 'facts of life' talk which I really don't want to deliver. Have you had to face that inevitability yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. firstly - Yay, photobucket is back! secondly - easter bunny, santa etc, how long b4 they wise up, till at least 32, no?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was the destroyer of the myth in our house...forgot to put the eggs out..big no no ha. Had to tell son two...to go back to bed as the Easter Bunny hadn't visited yet...just awful!! Yes I am a BAD mother!Mind you I did over hear Mr 18 year old and his mates talking about how Santa is different in other countries very seriously...yes they were talking about Santa too funny. Happy Easter from one bunny to another ha, cheers Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. The beauty and innocence of kids can not be beaten. I completely get the tooth fairy rationale of your son. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when kids still believe. But I guess that couldn't be the reality for too long. Enjoy the wonderful day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post, i did a post on Easter bunny believing, as i was confronted one day many years ago by a mother who said "i don't lie to my children". Oh, i do!! Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep checking but no new blog post...hope all is good with you, thought I would say hello anyway, ha xx Katherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Stop by again soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...