Monday, August 22, 2011

You said it Nick Lowe



The saying you've got to be cruel to be kind is probably one of the hardest ones to actually employ on your own children. Whether it be through taking away something special of theirs as a consequence, letting your children make mistakes and hoping that they take some learning from them or giving your kids some honest, but not always pleasant, words about how their behaviour, actions, attitudes or choices have made you and/or others feel, it's never easy.  Seeing your children sad is a tough gig, but actually letting them be sad, without trying to smooth things over & fight their battles for them, is even harder.



This song takes me back to primary school, in particular to Cloudland for our fancy dress ball.  Simple times.


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Well said.....you realize I will have that song stuck in my head for the rest of the day if not week. Xx Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the song, reminds me of growing up in Melbourne. Mimi xx

    Thank you for your lovely comments, would love to do some renovating show but I don't think I could leave my family for that long. Mimi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very hard. So very, very hard. I've raised four to almost adulthood. The last is 17 and we still have a dependant adult at home. There is one out of home, just engaged, and another has recently flapped her wings and flown interstate for love. All have had their moments but one in particular has been hard to watch grow into adulthood. Though adult by law there's a long way to go.

    Thanks for your comment on my blog. Peck's is indeed anchovette. I hadn't had it for ages until I'd reread the Famous Five books I picked up at the op shop. Delicious. Especially with super fresh white bread (a roll, I suggest) and crisp iceburg lettuce. Yummo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Stop by again soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...