Sunday, February 13, 2011

Bling On Love - 15th Wedding Anniversary



I'm following Maxabella's Bling On Love Day with a Bling post of my own.

Maxabella loves...

I always think any milestone that's divisible by 5 is pretty important, whether it be a birthday or in our case, our 15th Wedding Anniversary.  So ... what gift to buy, considering the importance of the occasion?  Unbeknownst to each other, Hubby & I consulted the lists of traditional & modern anniversary gifts.  The choices were:  Traditional - Crystal, Modern - Glass  and Alternate - Watches ... I never knew there was an "alternate" list for wedding anniversary gifts.  Anyway, we both decided to follow the traditional idea of crystal for anniversary gifts.  This is what I gave Hubby.

It's a Krups ice-cream maker.  Ice-cream ... crystals ... get it???
 Hubby had been talking about wanting one ... seriously!


This is what I received.


A Swarovski cocktail ring :-)  It's like nothing that I had owned before.  It was a real surprise and completely unexpected.  I LOVE it!

BLING ON LOVE EVERYONE!!!


10 comments:

  1. Now THAT'S what I call some serious bling!
    And you get to enjoy something delicious on the side - I'd say that's a definite 'win-win' situation and no doubt a part of the reason why you're celebrating this special anniversary.

    Congratulations to you both - may there be many more to follow,

    Felicity x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! How adorable! Thank you for sharing your bling and story with us. I am truly enjoying St Valentine's Day today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute bling. Cute. Cute. Cute.
    Now thank goodness there are no cows trying to make their way to the veggie patch. It's been enough trying to keep the rodents out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! That ring clutching an ice cream cone = perfection!!

    Thanks for linking up today. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow now that is what I call bling ... stunning

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my. I LOVE that ring. Lucky old you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's GORGEOUS! I've always want a cocktail ring but then I never really go to cocktails anymore. I can only imagine how brilliant that is with Swarovski crystals! Did you pick it in advance? Otherwise hubby has such good taste.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! Yes, serious bling! Lucky you. I wouldn't say no to the icecream maker either :)

    p.s Happy Anniversary ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOO! I love it! What a beautiful ring! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Your newest follower,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all the lovely comments. I don't get to wear this ring much because it is quite an "out there" ring but I really love it as Hubby chose it all by himself & it was so unexpected. In saying that, over the years when he has bought me jewellery, it's been beautiful. At Swarovski, you can get a lot of *bling* for your buck. Thanks Maxabella for creating such a fun blog link-up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Stop by again soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...